View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 4:30pm

Default "HOW TO" - for authors only?

Hi everyone, here I am again!
(Yes, I'm the naughty blond Swiss girl you've met before and I do persist...!)

I think it's about time to discuss the "HOW TO" for authors of tutorials! And I thought it'd be a good thing to start a thread about it.

The thing is: before getting a purchasable tutorial out (? language?), the authors should think about ALL of their potential clients! Think about US! Because we're all different and we might even work with different backgrounds and structures and so on, and we, the clients, do have different needs!

So my conclusion is:

- we, the clients, do have different needs.

- we, the clients, work on whatever computers, old, new, slow, fast, Windows, Linus, Mac, whatever.

- I guess the common need is: we, the clients, would love to have a choice and would love to get what we need. There are people who'd never ever want to print a copy of the tuts - and there are people who'd just LOVE to have a printed book in their hands. And anything in between would be appreciated.

- I think the authors should be aware of the needs of us clients and should propose several solutions or possibilities to buy their tutorial.

- And we, the clients, love to peek! No matter if we're on Windows or on Linux or on Mac, we want to peek.

I hope that we can develop a certain kind of like "standard" of "how to" for all those tutorials to come up! And I believe that this would and could and will be helpful for both, the authors AND the clients.

Martina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators