View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 7:20pm

I have a couple more things to add here.

As far as various arts go, there are really not a lot of printed books about lampwork out there, and most of the major ones are designed for beginners. I think this new trend of making advanced techniques available for purchase for those who want them is wonderful, and will benefit us all as a community. I am grateful to the internet for making this possible. Where would we all be without it?

For now, this IS a new trend, and we are all learning as we go along. I have certainly learned a LOT about PDF files over the past week, and I know that next time I "publish" an E-book, things will go smoother because I am now aware of potential problems and know how to solve them (well, most of them). I have spent the past 48 hours glued to my computer, researching and coming up with solutions so that everyone who bought my file can view it. If someone writes an tutorial on how to create a PDF file that is compatible with every computer setup known to mankind, I will definitely buy it.

I have sold quite a few copies of my book, and so far, everyone can view the file and no one has expressed disappointment with its contents. If anyone does, I will gladly refund their money. If you buy a 1/4 pound of the latest silver glass for $25+shipping and all the beads you make with it turn muddy brown because the manufacturer hasn't come up with the right formula yet, you ain't getting no refund (not to mention a free update once they figure it out).

You want the right to choose? You have the right to choose, same as with any product. If you don't like E-books, don't buy an E-book.
I think the sense of entitlement needs to be toned down a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Last edited by sarah_hornik; 2008-07-31 at 7:52pm.