View Single Post
Old 2013-11-24, 1:46pm

Default omg!

I torched today! and decided to get this liquid core thing working!
The first 3 beads.. NOT GOOD… cracking,one had to be given up on.. just would not release..so in the quenching jar it went..

SO finally it started to jell… I realized using the coe33 glass punt-y glass just didn't work for me.It would either stick and never let go or would totally break off while trying to remove the bead.... so I switched to coe104 . I found also that using tweezers or metal holders of any type just didn't work for me either.. the glass would slide agains the metal..

I also learned that when you are heating the mandrel watch the glow go into the bead hole… and quickly hit the other side to make sure it is hot all the way through…

by the end of it.. I could get this done in 3 heatings of both sides… As soon as you get it heated , then start twisting the mandrel while holding the punt-y in place, it will let go and thats when you can pull the mandrel out… most times with a twisting action if it sticks heat the mandrel again to get it liquid again… and pull… once out heat the holes, slide back on the mandrel loosely ,pull off the punt-y and heat that spot but just that spot ..

Slide that sucker onto the kiln floor!!! I'm glad I stuck to it. It actually is very easy once you have the feel for it.
Here is a picture of those beads in the kiln.. in a few hours I can check them up close.. and see if they survived my technique..

I think its great once you get the hang of it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.