Thread: Show and tell!
View Single Post
Old 2018-07-28, 10:59am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
I am looking at it on ABR, but if I have to pay shipping anyway, are there any other colors you love? I saw the sample pack, but don't know enough about boro yet to figure out if I should do that or just order a few colors to try.
Simax clear in several sizes. ABR has it on sale right now at 30% off. Simax is the Zephyr of the boro world in my opinion. Other clears are good but Simax plays best with silver fuming and striking reactions.

As far as color recommendation ... what fascinates you with boro?? I'm into the ethereal color qualities and making beads and pendents (some paperweights).

What to start with depends if you are looking to do sculptural, beads, functional art, etc.

I personally started out with Momka's 5" solid color sample set and clear, black and white and several frit blends and have built from there.

Parramore glass is really nice but it is all wysiwyg. I can do wysiwyg in soft with less money and oxygen. LOL But that's just me!! I do use it as bases to build on because it doesn't have cracking issues with being next to the mandrel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.