Thread: Nikon D-90
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 7:13pm

Diane/ Malcolm:

I will post some photos tomorrow - Good or bad.

I never thought of a possible light problem. Although I should of - I used to use tungsten exclusively with the old SLR for product shots. When things were dark on the beads I just threw more light at it. A quick solution isn't necessarily the best one.

I have stopped down the aperature in some experiments tonight. I will remove some lights tomorrow as things are washed out. I will check what the settings say tomorrow on each one I shoot and post.

The lens I am using is a Sigma 105 Macro. It is not the camera - it is definitely the user. I used to use a shutter trigger (?) on the SLR and didn't even know they made remotes these days. I will go to Amazon and purchase one - for now I will use Poet's suggestion and set the timer.

Malcolm, thank you for your patience. Did you attend the Gathering in Miami last year? Booth maybe? If so, we have met and if memory serves me I have a nice ArtCo bag from last year's purchases. You, or someone, was very nice then too.

Chris, overkill for beads - ABSOLUTELY! But, I tend to outgrow things quickly. No doubt it will be utilized in other ways. DH and I used to do 27 art shows a year on juried photographs/slides of his work - that I took. Although I can assure you I will never have the talents of an artistic studio photographer like yourself, or others. May I also add, lest you think I am some rich ditz throwing money around - I worked hard and saved a long time for this puppy and I'm just trying to figure it out with a little help from those "who know". But, ANY help you offer will be greatfully accepted.

Thanks POET!

Absolutely - will post tomorrow.

Sharon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.