View Single Post
Old 2008-04-14, 6:05am
ManBearPig

Here are the ones I used to do:

How I do them is to take 5 clear rods and coat about 1" of the end of them in the color you want to use. Melt the color in and ball up the end.

Use gravity to stretch the gather out into a leg shape. Clear rod up, color at the bottom. Gentle heat will elongate it.

Take two of the gathers and attach them together at the thickest part. There is no actual "body" of the starfish. By attaching the gathers together you are making the body.

Remove the clear rod from one leg and shape it.

Repeat with the other 3 legs. You will now have a starfish with 4 finished legs and one still attached to the clear rod.

Punty up to one of the legs opposite the clear rod and remove the final clear rod. Attach a loop behind one of the legs, add the little dots on top of the legs for decoration if you want, remove the punty, flame polish, and stick into the kiln.

I don't make these any more. I made 30 for a custom order (the customer posted on here looking for someone to make them). She didn't like them after she got them and sent them back, and I had to refund her money to her. I then smashed them into little bits with a hammer.

Anyone want to buy some tiny starfish bits?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.