View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 2:34am

Well, the pulling and twisting is the main thing. How you build the twistie or what you pull with is less important. (I do it different ways depending on what I have to hand).

But that said, I didn't like using two glass rods to make them when I started: just all sorts of things like shocking your punties, melting parts you didn't want melted... You want the mass of glass you're pulling from to feel secure, so making them on a stainless steel chopstick or the end of a bare mandrel works if you have the same problem. Once you've got the heat control sorted, that probably won't matter anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|