View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 2:19pm
MonaRAEbeads.com

Location: I live in the Sierras, between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.
Default Finally, some pictures from me

Well, it took me long enough!

These rounds and lentils are made with the new pink luster, and Val Cox Frit.

The large pink focal is made with the cranberry over moretti white, the dichro frit, DH Luna, Trey Cornette murini, and DH Aether clear. The big focal got stuck on the mandrel and the encasing cracked trying to get it off, so it's mine!

I tried the dichro frit differently this time. I put it on tinfoil and on top of the coffee warmer. It helped it to stick on the melted glass a little better, but it still faded on the first layer of the bead, so I added more as a last layer, just enough heat to make it stick, and left it raised. Still fades more than I wanted but there is a little sparkle and I like the raised texture. I'm probably going to put the unmelted frit in a hollow so I can appreaciate all its beauty, though.

I made a suite of jewelry. The luster really sparkles in daylight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to get 15% off my beads