Thread: Show and tell!
View Single Post
Old 2018-08-13, 6:49am
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohn View Post
what a job that was, so tiny. I don't know how anyone does that. Muscle memory, counting off, diagrams...pretty!
It’s actually easier than it looks. It takes patience and consistency. The facet designs spell out all the angles. Thanks to my father-in-law he left me a $4K faceting machine when he passed. Otherwise, I never would have gotten into it. The whole day he spent showing me how to do it helped too.

As an artist I have a little bit of ambivalence doing something a machine can do better but you get a lot of “bang” for your time spent. In high-end lampworking, the masters do highly geometric or “flawless” work. They seem to strive to be machine-like in their work. What the collectors and judges seem to value. Coming from an graphic arts background I value art a machine CAN’T do.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨

Last edited by KA; 2018-08-13 at 7:01am.