View Single Post
Old 2013-12-29, 1:29am
Bernhard Riegler

wigwags: pretty much the same as the simple spiral, just alternate your twists. The trick is not to loose control. Use a small sharp flame, spot-heat just enough for a good 90° twist or more - do the twist out of the flame - let it cool a little - spot-heat a bit further out where the last twist ended and when its hot enough, twist in the other direction. You can repeat this quite a few times. When your tube shrinks too much, heat with a big bushy flame and blow it back out to the original diameter. Taper it to a nice termination point and then you can melt it into solid. Again, do that slowly - dont loose control. I do it on my barracuda with the center flame only. Use an ellbow down to let gravity condense it. When it is solid up to the point where your lines started, marver it lightly - take it off the tube and shape the lense.

I would love to see some pictures of your wigwags. Have fun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.