View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 5:03pm
Enabler

I use both the 1/16 and the 3/32, but my 1/16 by far gets the most use. We use NOTHING but Fusion bead release, and have NEVER had a problem with the coating wearing off our reamers quickly! The whole secret to extending the life of our reamers has been in not OVER working the tool! Just 2-3 in and out passes through the hole works like a charm. If you're grinding the reamer in circles around the hole, its naturally going to cause more wear and tear, but if you follow the instructions correctly you can clean out a TON of beads with one tool. And while the cost may sound "pricey", the amount of time it saves me versus a regular diamond bit more than makes up for it. Someone who makes focals only might not realize that as much, but most of my production is in sets of beads, and if I can save 10 minutes a day in cleaning time, that's an extra hour I can spend at my torch each week.

But probably the best thing about Dave's reamers for me is the look I get in transparent glass. There's none of that frosted, "etched" look in the holes. I also love that the tips of the reamers aren't coated because I'm bad about missing the hole, and his tips don't leave scratch marks on my beads if I bump around the hole with them.

My reamers have been MORE than worth the investment for me, and it would be a sad day indeed if I ever had to go back to using a plain old diamond bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.