Thread: Homemade tools
View Single Post
Old 2019-10-15, 9:09pm

i made a few months ago my first mashers out of some old beautiful unused salad server. very stilish. i took a photo of them to show you here but i guess i can't post it yet as this is just my fourth post. i also gave a new life to my old damaged wall drill bits that are tungsten. been working great. i just grinded a sharp point in them to pinch bubbles into my pendants. later i dulled the point a bit to make a more rounded bubble and it still pierces the hot glass deep enough. made two of them a small and a big one. they also work great at widening holes and piercing them open. now i even modified a 1\4 inch good and working wall drill bit to double as a bit and a glassmaking tool. at the bottom i grinded a dull point to make even bigger bubbles. the drill is holding the bit by the middle part so modifying its bottom side doesnt damage them. i love it when useless or rarely used items get a new life. hey! i'll try tomorrow to convert somehow my picture to just 80 kilobites. i want to brag my homemade tools as they cost me nothing as all was repurposed.