View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 7:08pm
TJ

Thanks Lorraine... I have indeed read and read many posts on ventilation, but am still confused. Math is not my strong suit. I *think* this would work, but wish someone with experience could confirm it. I do not trust myself!

As for hood size, I was figuring whatever that standard range hood thingy is would suffice. I read online that that is usually either 30" or 36". But I don't "get" how to use that to do a calculation, even after reading for hours. I was then planning on just wrapping a bit of a C-shaped back "skirt" of metal flashing around the back of it. But I also see photos on LE of "hoods" that appear to be flashing bent into a funnel-shape, homemade. I have not seen a post that states whether one is better than the other, or that the shape of a range hood is not sufficient (they only mention that the FAN in it is not powerful enough... therefore I figured that replacing the fan but using the housing as the entry point for fumes is doable. Please do let me know if I am totally out to lunch, it is entirely possible!)

Tami

Last edited by TJ; 2013-05-06 at 7:16pm.