View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 2:12pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default Enlarging bead holes using a glass grinder

Hi everyone,

I've learned so much here in the past few years. I'm just giving back a little bit.

I created a quick tutorial on my website on how to enlarge a glass bead hole using a glass grinder and a 1/4" grinder bit. When I use a 3/16" mandrel, the hole will fit the 3/16 tubing, but this hole is never quite big enough for my Pandora bracelet beads. It will fit the narrower Troll bracelets just fine. So, I enlarge the bead holes so I can core them with the 1/4" tubing, which is the perfect size for the Pandora bracelet. I do have 1/4" mandrels, but until recently, I couldn't use them on the beadrollers I have. 3/16" mandrels were the biggest mandrels I could use on the disc beadroller plus which is my favorite of the beadroller collection. So this is my work-a-round. You can also use a 1/4" diamond drill bit on your drill press too. But I find this method very easy and quick.
http://www.jsavinacollection.com/pag...ssBeadHole.php

If you have any question, just PM me.

Enjoy!

J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.