View Single Post
Old 2015-03-19, 11:03am
Phill

Aye, the basics of white, black and clear you can get in one pound increments without question.
But the whites, blacks and clears all come with some slightly different characteristics from different manufacturers too so do some sleuthing to find some of the threads about the various kinds as well.
There is some thing called anniece white (someone please help me with the spelling here) that I have yet to get but I have heard it is really good at helping you find out if your torch settings are balanced for a neutral flame because it will show the slightest traces of soot on the end of a rod. I keep meaning to get some just to use for that purpose alone.

The ivory comes in three flavors that I know of and you should pair those with some sliver leaf and silver foil. Mixing ivory and silver unlocks a whole universe of reactions that can keep you mesmerized for years.

Oh and heating the snot out of intense black over ivory is another reaction that you will fall in love with. The fine tracery is a wonderful effect.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2015-03-19 at 11:06am.