View Single Post
Old 2019-10-19, 12:53am
Frit frit and more frit!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadmama View Post
In this case I think The reason the tutorial pictures are not here is due to photo bucket forcing payment to use their site for picture hosting not that the the author is trying to force artist to pay for the tutorial. You see the water mark by photo bucket on their pictures that were posted along time ago when the service was free.
Agreed! It was a fab tute given freely. I presumed that the authors photobucket account had, for some reason, 'expired' the photos. I cant remember if it was PB or Flickr that had (still has maybe?) a rolling limit. So, say there was a limit of 50 pics - when you uploaded pic 51, 52 and 53, pics 1-3 were no longer available. I thought that was the probably reason the pics had gone in this case, rather than them being taken down by the author. I have been off the glass 'scene' due to illness and I wasn't aware that PB were charging for their service. I don't use PB so I am unaware of the situation re charges. It doesn't surprise me that a once free service now has a cost attached.

I apologise if it came across as bitchy and as though I was saying the OP had removed the pics I order to use them in a "paid for" tute. That was not my intention at all.

I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about tutorials for sale, and tend to use every opportunity to say my piece. This was NOT the right opportunity to do so and I apologise wholeheartedly if I have caused offence.

Last edited by beadysam; 2019-10-19 at 12:55am. Reason: spelling