View Single Post
Old 2006-02-12, 8:36am
Anna Duhame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Anna, I decided the other day that I didn't need any stinkin' etchin' or sandblastin'. I painted on an intricate design, let it dry, then electroformed it. The whole thing popped off afterwards!

I *knew* that would happen. I guess sometimes I just have to experiment even if I think I know what the outcome will be. I believe that's how the truly great discoveries are made!

The last piece pieces I electroformed have the design sticking tight...I guess my piece just needed more etching. Wow this is really addictive!

I also tried the ammonia "fuming tent" ..very cool!

I think I may know another way to get the darkened patina....I have blackened silver by putting it in a bag with a peeled hard boiled egg...I am going to try that next for darkening the copper...more experiments..I LOVE it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.