View Single Post
Old 2011-06-24, 2:45am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
How about hollow rods, where do you find those if you want to make your own. My welding supply place didn't have any, and the steel place has steel in 20' lengths (at least a different type I was looking for a while back), so that isn't feasible either.

Oh, and I cut the ends off my rods because they were flattened for the printed info, so my mandrels ended up being a little over 11". Is that normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
I cut the little flattened part off too.
i actually dont bother, because i burn them in on one end before i start i always use that end anyway and i dont wast that much of the rod

oh and i dont round the ends either - i use a really big set of bolt cutters and they cut the ends very cleanly, i run my fingers over the end and if it feel burred at all i rub it on the cement (i'm usually outside on the cement cutting them anyway)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2011-06-24 at 2:53am.