Thread: i could puke..
View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 7:51am

There could be any number or problems there in that pic. Hmmmm!

GOOD JOB: First off, the things that are GOOD are the lighting and the color balance. There is no glare on any of the parts of the pieces, except maybe the one bead just to the left of the clasp in the necklace, at the bottom. The rest look quite good. The one glare actually doesn't bother me at all.

Next, the color balance looks pretty good to me. The white background has no obvious overall odd color cast. Some folks spend quite a while messing with a whole bunch of settings and editing and lighting, to get good color balance. But hey, you have that right 'out of the box'. Bravo there!

Problem: FOCUS! The whole tableau is out of focus. I don't know a thing about your camera, but it seems to me that you are going to have to take manual control of your focus. It does not seem to me that you need to worry about a macro (close-up) setting, since you need to be fairly far away from your subjects in order to get them all in the shot. You might have to move the camera even farther away to get the tableau into the camera's focus range. Try that. Play around with different distances between the tableau and the camera.

Another thing I'd recommend is to move the camera so that you are shooting absolutely straight down on your tableau. If you arrange things so that everything is on the same plane, then you can eliminate depth of field from the list of things you need to worry about.

Lastly, if it were me, I'd try to think of a slightly more interesting way to arrange the elements. Both the necklace and the bracelet in ovals is boring (in my humble and un-informed opinion). Try a whole bunch of other arrangements! If they don't look good, just press 'Delete'!

Oh, by the way --- I really like those copper clasps. They are great! Everyone who does electroforming on beads is going to lust after them!

Jan

Last edited by JanMD; 2006-12-01 at 7:02pm.