View Single Post
Old 2006-12-08, 10:01pm

You Guys will LOVE my method, LOL!

I have a Plastic see thru bottle, a bottle of Etch all Liquid, and a husband to make mine work.

I pour enough etch-all in the plastic see thru bottle to cover the beads I am etching. I slide the beads down the side of the bottle and let them rest in the bottom. Screw on the lid and hand to hubby. His job (he has no choice here LOL) is to watch the clock and constantly roll the bottle around GENTLY for however long I say LOL .... 2-10 minutes depending on the depth of etch and type of glass. This REALLY works! The beads etch evenly and hubby is gentle and I never have any problems!

I remove the beads this way:

I have a small plastic mesh strainer. I lay it over the main Etch-All container and pour the contents of my plastic bottle (the one hubby was rolling around) into the mesh container, letting the Etch-all go back into the original etch-all container. The mesh strainer catches the beads. I transfer THE STRAINER with the beads in it, into a shallow dish with cold running water and rinse. Brush the beads with a small nail brush and then Rinse once more and place on a paper towel to dry.

Our hands never come in contact with the etchall solution!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:

Last edited by danelady; 2006-12-08 at 10:06pm.