View Single Post
Old 2006-12-28, 11:21am
da General

MarieAnn,

I would post a thread in the Safety section once you have your work area figured out. I drew a plan of my space indicating the work table, size of vent hood (very important), walls, doors and windows, all with dimensions - Mike helped me make sure that I have adequate ventilation for my specific work area and most importantly good intake air flow.

For example, my hood from Glasscraft is 24" x 40" with a 650 CFM fan - I needed to put an enclosure extending the sides and back down to the work surface in order for the ventilation to be adequate. Mike told me that without the enclosure, it was "marginal." Since I like working with silver glass and foil, it is critical to add the enclosure. It's simply a piece of sheet metal bent twice at 90 degrees angle.

Also, if you plan to use frit, enamels, silver, silver glass, etc. - you will need to get a respirator - N100 - there are a few newer threads addressing that on the forum. I wear mine in addition to the ventilation system. One can never be too cautious when it comes to one's health.

Hope that helps. Good luck on setting up your studio.

Hayley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|