View Single Post
Old 2021-02-05, 1:53pm

Hey June,, great to meet you and thanks for reaching out. I spent three hours. Last night making floral implosion. I never did understand the balancing act making them but love them. All five were disasters, the bails all took longer than the bead and they all had cracks, two were cracked all through. I have the desire to sit down and say " I'm gonna make a big moon, two dragonflies and the ocean", and doing it. I'm realistic enough to know it's gonna take time but I wasn't prepared for struggling to light the torch or keep the glass on the mandrel, stuff like that. I have to realize that I have had three strokes since I left glass. I'm sure that screws with this reintroduction process.
The magic happens when I realize puckered ends and big ones and a few other things are still there, and when I get such a rush from making a cool twistie or striking glass, and forcing myself to stop at night. I'm remembering the love for hot glass,, it's huge!
I need to order a few things from Frantz today. Still using 8 yr old foster fire, very impressed how well it's performing still.
If I make anything worth showing and I figure out the photo thing... I will.

It's all good,
juniemoon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.