View Single Post
Old 2021-02-22, 7:56pm

Hi! I am back to beadmaking, too, after about 5 years making lifestyle adjustments. It is challenging getting back to it, but so exciting! I have had sleepless nights, too! I have been working for about the last 6 months, and am pretty much over the hump, but I am keeping things fairly simple.

The tutorials I purchased years ago are invaluable for relearning, as well as Soda Lime Times e-magazine. Like someone mentioned, we no longer have lots of those old favorite glass colors, and lots of new ones, so I have had to do lots of research about what to buy instead, and how to best use what I still have. A priceless resource for this has been the CiM website, with fabulous glass testing information about available CiM glass (under palettes) and also previous glass colors (in the archives), all provided by wonderful generous glass artists who have been kind enough to share their research.

This lampworketc website does not seem to be used as much as before. Are there other forums that are popular now, or is this still the place to go when I need glass help?

So nice to hear that others are getting reacquainted with the beloved melting of glass!