View Single Post
Old 2007-06-05, 1:57pm

Default Calling All Texans

The hot weather is here... and I'm feeling it. My studio is an upstairs porch with lots of windows and one air conditioner. This is no problem during the fall, winter or spring. I just open windows, turn on the ceiling fan in the other part of the porch, and am quite comfortable. I have a heater if it gets cold. But this is my first summer in this porch and it is HOT already. Today a large part of the time I torched the temperature was around 100.
The size of the porch is around 30 ft by 9 ft. I have an 8000 btu a/c and it was running full blast when the room temperature was 100. The a/c is perpendicular to my torch, and when the air comes out, it blows onto the torch, and the flame wavers back and forth. So I have to cover the a/c. I can buy a bigger a/c, but how big? If I put it where the air runs parallel to my torch, will it still affect the flame?
How do other Texans cool their studio? Has anyone installed window film and did that help? I have nine large windows which makes for a nice view, but the sun sure heats things up.
THanks for any advice. Pam