View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 7:09am
critter creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaaw View Post
I'm all set for your class this weekend. I'm flying up there. Do I need to bring anything? I'm so excited
Cathy, I'm glad you're excited!!! I look forward to meeting you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - I'm happy to answer them!

Here are the lists of tools and glass recommended for the class. Regarding the glass, basically just colors to work with for sculpting - transparents are usually a little stiffer and easier to learn off-mandrel with, if you're not used to it. But opaques are obviously nice for decoration.

TOOLS:
- eye protection (didymium or equivalent)
- shears for cutting glass
- non-serrated tweezers
- shaping tool, like cheese knife or Stump-shaper
- graphite pad or paddle
- tungsten pick

optional tools:
- serrated tweezers
- bbq mashers
- clothespin (wooden with spring)
- rod rest for hot glass rods
- can for water, to put scrap glass in
- clean towel or rag, for cleaning glass rods

GLASS:
- assortment of 104 coe glass, including:
- black, 1/4 pound
- white, 1/4 pound
- clear, 1/4 pound
- range of opaques and transparents to experiment with (dark cobalt, green, and amber all make good colors for learning to sculpt with, as they are stiffer in the heat.)
- if you'd like to try experimenting with extra features, feel free to bring dichroic, goldstone, Double Helix glass, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.