View Single Post
Old 2007-05-15, 7:47am
The Andrea Half

Thank you to all who replied!

My story has a happy and relatively cheap ending. (That's without totting up what I paid for repairs and shipping to kiln controller and oxygen concentrator!). It turned out that the outlet in question had been added later, and was indeed putting out 240 volts. From the bolt marks outside we suspect someone had a window AC there.

So the electrician put it back to regular voltage, and pointed out that it was on its own 20 amp circuit. HEEEE! The bad side was that it wasn't a warranty issue, but for $20 more than the service call I now have a single plug 20 amp circuit dedicated to my kiln. What a terrible shame, but I think I can deal with it ....

He also, for another $20, fixed the double-tapped circuit that was screwing up my breaker box. Three cheers! He even reattached my Bartlett controller to the kiln for free (for obvious reasons I was nervous even though I knew perfectly well how to do it), and we tested it ... one garaging and one batch annealing cycle later, all is good!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.