View Single Post
Old 2008-02-01, 8:27pm

Quote:
You can put a slip of paper in the picture indicating your settings so you can see which looks best and work from there.
Hi! I read this because I have an older camera. The tip to put the settings on a piece of paper in the picture is a great idea! My camera doesn't show meta-data so this will really help me learn as I go, especially since my note taking isn't the best.

Quote:
Sometimes I find if I focus on the piece and let the camera beep, I then move the camera so the center focus mark is a little to the left or right of the bead and take the picture. The spot light isn't as bright on the bead.
I just tried my spot meter for the first time tonight. I loved that it lightened the bead up a lot even with with just ok indoor lighting at night! But it was too light and I didn't know how to compensate for that. I'll try moving the focus mark. What a great idea. I don't know how the meter works so never would have thought of that.

Quote:
Sometimes I found that if I was taking a picture of a pendant and I had others laying off to the side in the picture (I had just moved them over) - those pieces looked great!
Don't you love those happy accidents?

Quote:
Also, what photo editing software are you using?
What are YOU using?

Thanks a bunch from me too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.