View Single Post
Old 2017-01-22, 9:31am
Slogan Challenged...

The striking transparents are relatively easy to work with. Don't overheat them, especially at the tips, and they usually strike with regular working. Don't work them too long or hot. You can encase them with crystal clear to help protect the glass if you are working a larger bead and pressing.

One of my favorite orange transparents is CIM Orange crush, gorgeous sunkist color. Regular eff orange is okay too, you might want to use a white base for that, or for either if you want it lighter. Yellow, really a matter of preference, but I do find that it is hard to get a true yellow in transparent, as it looks amber gold or something like that instead of that yellow zing. Eff. striking red usually works fine, but is very dark so a white base would be good for that. It is the most prone to overheating and will look uneven if the tip burned out of color and it is a small bead.

In solids, these are hard colors to encase. If you try, you will want to use a clear core to help minimize the cracking, and do a light encasement, which really helps those colors to pop.

For solids, otherwise, my favorite go tos are eff light red, Eff orange special and eff light lemon, or eff acid yellow. Really depends what you like. And CIM has a lot of colors, especially the reds and yellows, that I haven't tried. They look really good.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Last edited by KJohn; 2017-01-22 at 9:34am.