View Single Post
Old 2006-01-22, 4:51pm

Why don't you Shoot on white?

Every one meet Nanette. She email this question to me. I asked her, to ask it again in here. I thought it would make a good topic. Heres an example of what she is talking about.

I have three reasons. First its boring, I've been an advertising photographer for close to thirty years. I have shot everything under the sun on white and more then once. So it's all I can do, not to put a gun in my mouth. How would you like making white beads every day.

Reason two, it takes to much TIME to knock out the back ground properly. You need to use the pen tool (Paths ). And that takes a lot of time. I sell big sets, around 15 beads. I already spend about 40 minutes per set, setting up my photo's for ebay. Knocking out the back ground would add an addional hour per set.

The most important reason. It's part of my marketing strategy. Yes its true, that shooting on white may show the beads better. And alot of buyer's would prefer that. But what will it say about the artist? The strategy for my photos is not too, just sell beads. But, also sell the artist. So, I add some creative juice into my images to express who I am as an Artist.

Thanks for all the great question everyone.
Scott

ESTY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tanner Studios; 2006-01-23 at 11:00pm.