View Single Post
Old 2013-07-10, 9:42am
professional gimme fiver

Default "Cold" Photos (but a warm heart!)

These are my most recent beadwork photos, and they all look so "cold". I use Photoshop Lightroom, and although there are a ton of settings I can use to change the pics, I don't want to do too much, because then it changes the coloring of the actual bead in the photo. I used to have an elaborate set-up for taking pics, and when I say "elaborate", I mean lots of funky objects placed strategically around the bead to capture the best lighting.....but I'm looking to make the whole darn process easier these days!

For the pics below I used my "New And Improved Easy Setting" which is a cardboard box painted creme inside, sitting on it's side, with a piece of printed paper inside and a clamp on light to the right. I used the flash on my camera. I edited the pics in Lightroom.

For the next pic below, it was using my "Older And Not So Easy To Duplicate Convoluted Whatchamacallit Photo Setup" which was an Ott light (now broken) with a papertowel clipped over the bulb, natural window lighting, a candle with a toothpick sticking in it and a piece of folded printed paper over top of that, all on top of a tupperware bowl turned upside down. Lightroom also used for editing. And somehow, I just think this turned out better. And I can't duplicate the setup, because I don't have the Ott light in working condition any longer.

Can anyone share any tips that'll help make the whole photog process easier for me? It's the most hated part of my experience!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.