Thread: See me glow
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-21, 7:43pm

Take two pictures with your camera locked down on a tripod... one picture with the lights on so you get a good exposure of the beads and then one with them off and expose for the glow. Then merge the two in Photoshop (other programs will work but I know Photoshop) adjusting the opacity of the images until you get the look you want. It's key that you don't let the camera move between shots so that the images line up perfectly.

I don't know if you have the equipment and Photoshop to do this, but this is how it's done to show how a room with the lights on or a house at dusk with the windows lit up but the house also clearly visible or a light bulb with the element lit but the bulb properly exposed, etc. If you merge them together successfully, it brings out the look from both of them.

Another way is to do a timed exposure but either flash the flash part way through or use a flash light to paint the beads while you are exposing. This takes more trial and error to get the exposure correct but can also result in a very good picture.

Mike