View Single Post
Old 2013-04-12, 11:07pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredHeArt View Post
It still seems to flake off even when I water it down.... How many coats should be applied, &, should you flame dry in between coats....
You shouldn't have to do multiple coats. It should be thin but not watery, thick but not sludgy, and when you dip the mandrel, pull the mandrel straight out slowly in one smooth movement. It should be thick enough so you can't see through it.

Also, in regards to the color, I've seen it anywhere from dark grey to light grey, almost white.

Also, do you heat your bead release-coated mandrel in the flame before you lay on glass? When you heat the mandrel, don't let it cool down again before putting the glass on. I've noticed a decrease in flaking bead release since I started putting the glass it while it's still practically red hot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191