View Single Post
Old 2007-12-20, 1:00pm
Anna Duhame

This was a really good idea to make a thread like this!

I like the silvered ivory and enamel trick...never thought of that!

Love the Flaming pastille....so beautiful.

I make all my twisties (canes) on the end of a mandrel (Big thank you to Kimberly Affleck).

My best vine (tree leaf) cane is with nile green, rolled in iris amber green frit, lined with 3 lines of intense black, and then encased with clear. The IAG frit gas this nice way of adding different tones to the green (with minimal effort). I need to buy more IAG so I haven't been able to do this in awhile .

This is the only picture I could find with a good view of the leaf cane:

I also like to to make star canes....really really easy, I make a white or opal yellow 3 dimensional star shape on the end of a mandrel and then totally encase it in cobalt. To use is just poke the cane where you want stars and break off...I like adding a twist for movement. This makes excellent starfishes and nice little flowers.

Another cane I like is a rainbow ribbon.....I make a white lollipop and add stripes of transparent colors in proper rainbow formation....I keep it flat when pulling it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.