View Single Post
Old 2010-07-02, 6:17pm
Floral Obsessed

Default Natural Gas Hookup in Ontario?

Hi Folks!

Wow, it's been ages since I posted. We've been busy moving to Ontario from Manitoba to be closer to my family. We had to sell our house with our glass studio in it! Now everything's in storage and we're subletting a small apartment for the summer - BUT we just bought our new house and it has incredible studio potential!

In our last studio, we has a natural gas connection and we LOVED it. I wouldn't go any other way now. However, I remember how much of a PITA it was trying to get the permits for the installation worked out. And more importantly, how much it helped to know the name of the official who had already done a lampworking natural gas hookup! It was like night and day.

Naturally, my hope is that I can connect with someone who uses natural gas in Ontario - ideally, Ottawa. I've spoken with Grace Edwards and the Ottawa Glass Beadmakers Association (so much fun! I'm so excited to have a group!) but no luck meeting a natural gas torcher yet. I'm looking for tips and maybe the name of a savvy permit official who will understand what I'm trying to do and not assume I want to cook meth!

Thanks for any help anyone can offer! I used NG for 5 years already so I have all the right gear and fittings (might get a fresh gas hose just to be prudent). Now I'm off to ogle vent hoods and studios and dream about making our new studio! (Possession date isn't until September, though!)

Cheers - Heather (Hearts of Glass)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons