View Single Post
Old 2015-03-27, 1:12pm
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Both "ripping hot" never worked for me. I join with one only having a slight glow (not moving hard) and the other hot enough to move with gravity. Key here is shape. Convex on both is best since they will join theoretically at one single point that way and are less apt to catch air pockets. Once they touch and join and start to stiffen I try NOT to move at all and then melt and shape them in together with both brought up to roughly the same temp first. This will prevent or at least keep to a minimum any devit at the join.
Love those stands.

I will have to try the two at different temps method. My butterfly body always flattens out to some degree when attaching to the flower part. Bottom of one to the top of the other.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can call me Dave 🎨