View Single Post
Old 2007-01-22, 8:21am

I price my work how I feel comfortable! i have looked at selling on one of those other auctions, and all the work was low priced, so i didnt do it. I have a set rate per hour for all work, then i add electric and supply costs. thats my wholesale, up to double that for retail depending on the price point. lower priced items have less of a margin for markup. i just recieved a catalogue in the mail with beads up to 24 for about 10$ they are out there, but i just keep to what im doing. if someone questions it, i try to educate them on the process that it takes to create work and that usually helps them understand pricing a bit better. if they want to spend less thats ok too. my bills are paid without my glass selling, i hope my glass one day supports itself, that would be wonderful. In the mean time, im not here to price compete with production work. so i let it go and dont stress over it. thats what works for me. its unfortunate that artists who dont have confidence in their work under price it, it isnt good for the industry but its what happens.
ro