View Single Post
Old 2007-01-22, 9:19am
Striking-impared...

Part of it is how well a person is known, and on ebay, what kind of feedback they have. Under 50 (score, not %) and it's hard to get people to trust you at first, and you almost have to start out low.

When I started, I charged about $2-3 a bead and was pleased as punch to get it. I didn't think my beads were worth more (self-confidence), and it was husband who convinced me to up my prices. And when I upped my prices I got more bids -- a perception thing I guess.

I still see some sellers on ebay averaging $3-4/bead who probably do fairly well, but who also probably can whip them out fast, so to speak. The beads aren't that complicated, but they are pretty..

And as Bonnie says -- there is something to be said for being able to work whenever, in whatever clothing and not have to worry about commuting and such. And there is also something to be said for loving your work.

I have a regular job that puts food on the table, but my bead sales help me pay other bills. Maybe one day I will make enough to be able to quit my job or go part-time, but I don't know.

Yes, some people can make a profit at $2 a bead. Some people sell on ebay just to get enough money to buy more glass and tools. Some people sell for a living. Most of us are probably somewhere in the middle.

Good, thought-provoking question!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.