View Single Post
Old 2010-10-14, 5:08am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I know other tut writers do not feel the same as I do, but here is my personal take on what I think is fair usage.... I dont mind if you make a personal printed copy for your own usage. I dont care if you learn the technique from me and then teach another. I dont mind if the gals come over to play and you show them the tutorial, although I dont personally do that with the tuts I own, because some folks have asked that not be done. What I do mind and think is stealing is if you transfer a copy of the tut to another person by email, flash drive, a printed copy etc etc. I dont mind if you make and sell items learned in my tut, more power to you,there is room for everyone to make a buck. I no longer earn my living from glass, but even when I worked full time I could NEVER make enough ornaments to fill the orders I had at christmas season. I think if I have sold the information, taught someone, they paid for learning how to make that item and have a perfect right to sell the hell out of the items they make using the information they learned from me.

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."