View Single Post
Old 2010-02-02, 8:13am
Jacqueline Parkes

But the reason why I ask is this. My propane is gone now and I have a new tank with the Flamal I purchased. I am told this is similiar to Mapp gas.

It would be great if I did not have to purchase another propane tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
The combination of propane and oxygen generates enough heat in a fuel/oxygen torch that you so not need the extra heat+ cost of a more exotic fuel (propylene) ... The use of propylene is pretty much reserved for use on a hothead torch since it is a fuel/air torch and does not generate as much heat as a fuel oxygen torch.....

For almost all lamp work torches propane or natural gas generated enough heat for almost any glass work...

Also the propylene tank has the same dangers as a propane tank.... IF using propylene, the tank should be outside....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.