View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 7:14pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Default Inline Duct Booster

I recently installed a better ventilation system. I used an inline duct booster from home depot. It pulls 500cfm and only cost $35 plus shipping. Here is the link: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...roductDisplay?

I have the flame directed into the hole and now all my fumes and gasses are gone! It's super quiet, so I have to make sure it is actually on. It doesn't over heat either and the closer the suction the better it will do. You can see that I have it ready for another torch, I hope it pulls enough. Otherwise I will get another booster for the same ducting line.

I have 6 foot, 8 inch aluminum flex ducting so it can be bent to the correct direction towards the torch. At home depot I got other 8 inch ducting and all the metal screws and parts. In all, it cost about $100.

I had a smaller hose of 4 inches and a different fan that was NOT enough.

I hope this helped.

storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100396544

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.