View Single Post
Old 2009-03-15, 8:36pm
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Thanks Yepers. I am looking into this issue more. I have read the posts about the ventilation instructions.

In my previous research, I have read that if you take a tissue and it wants to be sucked into the venting from the point of combustion that it is a good thing. When my ventilation system is in use, how am I to really know if it is working enough? I have burned paper to see if the smoke gets sucked away from different distances from the hole. I also have my torch about 6-8 inches from the ducting pointing directly into the ducting much like I have seen in other studios. I thought this was good enough, but now this is really making me think... again.

I guess my question is: is there a way to test your ventilation to see if it is working properly and if you need to upgrade it?

Any suggestions or advice? Otherwise I was super happy with my new ventilation as I am very sensitive to the fumes, carbon monoxide, etc. and now I feel I can breath with confidence again. Or so I thought!!!!

I am so glad that this was brought up again. I believe that this is one of THE most important safety precautions one should take.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.