View Single Post
Old 2019-11-10, 11:47am

hello
thought a reply is in order due the fact I am currently running an 8M w/a 21sm (+other)tip on small 6-10mm tube/rod(+other) In a garage. I was able to get my hands on these round smoke bombs and when I was only opening the door part way and window all the way the smoke did clear sufficiently. this led me building a full fume hat has an 480 cfm on the top a smaller squirrel cage attached to a snorkel vent. It has been well worth the time and cash for the peace of mind. using some kind of smoke generator to check the air flow and how currents move (or don't move) in your work place is a very important part of safety while setting up your spot. I have since made my own smoke bombs using online information to check my ventilation from time to time. I get a real sense of satisfaction when I see the rate the at which the smoke clears and exact path it takes. much better than with the door open all the way (which. wouldn't work for me anyway). I found enough info on line to make to construct my fume hood and snorkel. It's been in use for 3 years and I've upgraded twice and replaced the fan for the snorkel tube once. The fan main fan has been running continuously (except during the upgrades and cleaning)for all 3 years. I know you mentioned that you wont be installing a fume hood but I want to encourage you to reconsider that decision. I would be happy to help with further info/pictures if interested. LMK