View Single Post
Old 2011-12-21, 1:18pm

Ofilia, a big chunk of me stayed behind after the trip last May! I was emailing with Donna the other day and we were plotting a return, perhaps in 2013.

It was life changing on many levels. Yes, my skill levels grew, but more importantly, I gained an even greater appreciation for the true masters of this art, whether it is the figurative sculptures from Lucio and Emilio, the intricate lifeforms of Vittorio, the blown beads of Graziano, the larger sculptures of some of the other studios we visited, the micromosaics you and the other gals did at Orsoni and at the studio we visited, and the blown glass lampshades at Di Rossi. Then, there was Mr. Tysbe - the painter, sculptor, woodworker, renaissance man..... Let alone the history, the culture, the FOOD! I swear, someday I'm going to go back to Venice and stay in an apartment near the Rialto Market and spend a few days cooking.

I'd love to explore the leather shops that make shoes; the off the shelf ones are too small for my huge feet so I didn't even try.

The very best part of the trip was all of my new friends! Ofilia, my classmates, the Murano glassworkers and Cleo!

-Diane

My Facebook business page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Bobcat or Carlisle Lucio on an Integra 10
(and sometimes I pull out my HotHead!)

Last edited by Diane (clarus); 2011-12-21 at 1:19pm. Reason: forgot the most important part - FRIENDS!