View Single Post
Old 2007-10-26, 5:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
When I look on my monitor I don't have to scroll at all. Anyone else notice this?
Yes. The template for your site has a fixed width, assuming your screen is set to 1024x768. If you set your screen to 800x600, you have scroll left and right to view the page. It is poor design to *assume* that everyone has their screen set the same way you do. My web logs tell me that about 20% of the people that come to my web site have their screens set to 800x600 (or lower). Do you want to inconvenience 1 out of 5 people that come to your site?

Also, if the person has their screen set *higher* than 1024x768, your site shows as a narrow image, centered in a field of black. Not very pretty, IMHO.

There are ways to correct this, but it means changing the template that Pappashop has given you.

Quote:
Haley, I don't know how to do that but I can ask Pappashop if they can do it for me. I am really dense when it comes to this kind of stuff. I got a PM from someone who said I didn't have enough keywords. I'm not even sure I know how to fix it. I think I can but...I also don't know how to make the photos any smaller. Is there a way I can do that on the website?
Again, this means changing the template that Pappashop has given you. You can fix this yourself, if you want to learn HTML. Or, you can ask (hire?) someone that knows HTML. Or, Pappashop may fix it for you, but they'll probably charge you.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978