View Single Post
Old 2013-02-04, 7:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglassattic View Post
@LarryC, I think I am just amazed at the difference in performance. And maybe I'm crazy (no comments, I LOVE being crazy) but the glass seems to have more clarity? Seriously, that's the only way I can describe it. It's not so much about melting faster, I was melting at a good clip with a concentrator, it's like the heat is sharper, hell, I don't know. My transparent's are prettier. And they melt like honey in the heat, instead of starting to boil. Well, this goes to prove GOOD things can happen from BAD things!!!!! And I'm all for saving money, but this is my passion, and to see the difference in just the glass itself is enough. As hard as I work, all the skill in the world can't compensate for the basic ingredient that I have been missing, Oxygen. But if you had asked me a few months ago, I'd have said a concentrator is great. I had never seen my torch on Oxygen. I had no idea what I was missing!
Yup. Clears and colors just work like they should. Plenty of high purity oxy is essential for making the best boro colors work. I am often like a broken record on this and I catch a lot of flack over suggesting it.