View Single Post
Old 2014-03-27, 3:32pm
Artistically Absorbed

A nice thing about Devardi is it's stiffness, for learning manipulation of glass shapes and ect I think it would make a great starter glass for beginners, except the shockiness. Usually I think the most common mistake is working too hot for most people who are new to glass. Using stiffer glass makes it harder to make wonky beads. You really should get a kiln, not just for annealing, but components, shocky glass ect. ...I use mine to preheat Devardi by cutting it into inch long pieces and toss them onto the kiln floor and use a punty to pick up the pieces which can go straight into the flame, no shockiness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA Artist A64