View Single Post
Old 2007-06-14, 11:27am
reaction junkie

thank you sally, at least I'm no longer talking to myself.

IS clear acrylic ok? I'd like it better than metal. But I'm afraid my torch would melt it, the back of the hood is not that far back from the flame. Perhaps it's a good thing too because then my make up air has absolutely not chance of interfering with the fume direction?

The plastic up there is just some old stiff plastic/acrylic I pulled from picture frames that I used to make my show booth displays with. We used the plastic for painting to protect the table... that's what the gunk is.

BUT HERE IS THE THING. Shouldn't the smoke whoosh up instead of waft up?

My hood is like neither of those diagrams - mine hangs over the center of my workspace and has air behind it. I wonder if that is part of the problem. Though it seems more like the suction just isn't very strong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/
/

Last edited by BlueBetween; 2007-06-14 at 11:32am.