View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 10:40am
Bead maker and bead buyer

I see what you're saying Shari, but I think Kay had a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
Many times someone's question about how to do something turns into a free tutorial so then much info may be lost if the question was asked in one section, then the tutorial that may result could end up in the general section.
So separating out the "free" tutorials won't really solve the issue, because it will still be too difficult to search effectively.

And to be honest, I think most of the time that vendors post in the main section, they know that it's not the right section, they're just trying to get more views. I don't think that most of them are confused in any way.

I think of it this way: In the grocery store, there's a dairy section. In the dairy section, there's a milk section. When you go there, you expect all the milk to be in the milk section, not mixed in with the cheese and the butter. And the rest of the dairy section does not need to be labeled "Everything except for milk".

I also like Laura B's suggestion that Corri could reword the description to make it clearer that all threads regarding paid tutorials should go in the "Tutorials for Purchase" section. And if it would make the vendors of paid tutorials feel better about their dedicated section, perhaps we should move it out of the current "Tutorial" folder and put it underneath in the Library section of the main page. Personally, I don't think it's necessary because I still go into that Paid section regularly (as I'm sure MANY people do), even with it being a sub-forum. But whatever makes it more workable.

Let's face it, someone who's selling a tutorial has many places to promote already.
Tutorials for Purchase
Gallery (for examples of what people do with the tutorial)
Auctions, self promotion, and related things
Sale Rack

That's four. Can't the people who want to discuss things for free have one section to do that without spam posts infiltrating it?? (Sorry, but if you have three or four legitimate sections to discuss Paid tutorials, then putting something in a fifth section, even one that's a gray area, constitutes spam in my book.)

Last edited by Damselfly; 2011-01-04 at 10:45am.