View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 5:22pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

I'm still thinking about the rest of your post, but I wanted to respond to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluffroadglass View Post
The reason there's a problem with keeping posts where they should be is that the paid tutorials forum, because it's a subforum of the main tutorials forum, is perceived as receiving less attention. Tutorial authors feel if they don't post about their paid tutorials in the main forum too, they will be overlooked.
I think that "the paid tutorials forum... receiving less attention" is a false assumption that many vendors make, and I would disagree that the Tutorials For Purchase section is overlooked by everyone. I realize that's why vendors do it, but I disagree that isn't as good of a section. I think it's the perfect section, because I think us customers know that that particular section is where all the polished gems are, the ones that people spent hours and hours perfecting their tutorial.

That's where I go when I want the special techniques and book quality tuts. There's no need to market to me everywhere. and I know I'm not alone in that.

Last edited by Damselfly; 2011-01-04 at 5:27pm.