Thread: What to Get
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-24, 9:57am
In search of her path....

I would get the following
Minor (can be had for $100 used or around $170 new)/ Bobcat torch ($125 used to $197 new)

Bbq Propane tank usually around $30 new and then get it filled at a place that refills not exchanges...refills usually are around $13-15 well around here anyway and it will last quite a long while.

rent oxy tank from local welding supply till you can afford oxy con It may cost you a bit upfront to get the rental agreement lease but its usually not too horrible. and the refills are usually only $7-14 bucks. get a tank you can haul yourself though....or get an oxy con around $200-300

Your regulators can be expensive but you can get some inexpensive ones to start with at harbour freight. usually the pair will run you $60-90 there

Dont forget your hoses too usually a pair run about $15-30 at harbour freight as well.

I would get a small kiln with digital pyrometor if you can swing it there are some good deals on ebay and some in the garage sale if you keep your eye out. ive seen some with infinate controllers starting at around $275ish and on up to $475-500 for ones that are really nice with digital controllers on ebay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!